Tuesday, March 2, 2010

GCC progress

Continuing from my last blog post I fixed the error I was having by naming the directory gcc4.5 instead of gcc-4.5. After that I ran rpmbuild -ba gcc.spec and it was giving me hunk errors due to the patches so I decided to take all the patches out.

After the patches were completely gone the build ran longer and did its whole "matrix" compiling thing. I ran into errors that said gcc needs certain packages to build, gmp, mpfr, and mpc.

Building gcc requires
GMP 4.2+ - version on comp -> 4.3.1-5 (buggy but acceptable)
MPFR 2.3.1+ - version on comp -> 2.4.1-5 (buggy but acceptable)
MPC 0.8.0+ - needed updating -> 0:0.16-2

As you can see mpc needed updating so I decided to yum install mpc which seemed to download an updated version of mpc but the compile was still failing there. I had to manually download mpc from the ftp site, after that I had to extract the file and run ./configure, make, and make install on it. Make install would not run without admin privileges so I had to be root for that.

After that was installed I ran rpmbuild again and it compiled for about what seemed like half an hour until getting to an error "make: *** [profiledbootstrap] Error 2". I looked online and a lot of people seemed to get this error while building gcc and they said that disabling ccache would fix it.

Everywhere I looked online it seemed that the way to do that was to add "%configure --disable-ccache" inside the %build section but that still did not work. As of right now I am stumped, as soon as my friend Boris, who is working on this project with me, wakes up he will have a look.

Until next time, ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment