Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Viewsource to GCC

Well friends, since pretty much my viewsource is done and I really have nothing to do I have moved on to helping Boris Chao with building gcc 4.5 which is in pre-release stages right now.

I downloaded it to my file on the Germany cdot machine and compressed it into a .tgz file and placed that into my SOURCES directory. I then found a older gcc 4.4 src.rpm and used that to get the gcc4.4 spec file as a file to work from.

When attempting to build it had certain build dependencies that werent available in the repo that was configured on germany therefore I had to move my files over to the Hongkong machine which was updated to fedora 12 and therefore was linked to more updated repos. After getting all the dependencies taken care of I used rpmlint on the spec file, there was only one error which had to do with $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.

Error: use-of-RPM_SOURCE_DIR

Explanation: You use $RPM_SOURCE_DIR or %{_sourcedir} in your spec file. If you have to use a directory for building, use $RPM_BUILD_ROOT instead.

Correction: Changed $RPM_SOURCE_DIR to $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

I started to build and I was getting another error talking about a certain file or directory not existing, me and Boris are working on it now.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment